Jia Anderson will host a free seminar “I Want to go to College for FREE!” on Saturday, March 17 at 9:00 a.m. in the Life Center for her Girl Scout Gold Award. We hope everyone gleans valuable information from the seminar. Our goal is for all our kids to go to college for FREE. E-mail
if you have not registered to attend.
The beautiful altar flowers for Sunday, March 18 are given by Bro. Earl Battle, Sis. Linda Johnson, family, and friends in loving memory of their sister / friend, Sis. Lula Ussery.
The Baptism Class will be held on Sunday, March 18 at 9:00 a.m. in the Computer Room.
Easter Speeches will be given out on Sunday, March 18 after 10:30 Service in the Fellowship Hall (Room #109).
The 2018 Summer Internship Program for NMZ youth ages 14 (by June 1) – 15 will begin on June 11. The four-week paid program allows youth to work at local sites. Applications will be available on Sunday, March 18 after 10:30 Service in the Fellowship Hall (Room #109).
- Mon, March 19 - 7:00 p.m. - Brotherhood (Nursery)
- Thu, March 22 - 7:00 p.m. - Grief Share (Life Center Conference Room)
- Sun, March 25 - 9:00 a.m. - Baptism Class (Computer Room)
The 72nd NMZ Church Anniversary will be held on Sunday, March 25. All members are asked to bring unglazed or lightly glazed cakes by 10:30 a.m. on that day. Thank you, as always, for your support.
Special Guests for the 3:00 p.m. Church Anniversary Service:
- Calvary Temple Community Church - Pastor Willie R. Willis
- Carver Heights Baptist Church - Pastor Daryl Carter
The NMZ Youth Council and 2018 Cotillion Court invite all youth in grades 7-12 to participate in a community service project at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center on Saturday, March 24, 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. We will meet at NMZ at 10:00 a.m. to travel to the Center.
The “Seven Last Sayings of Christ” Program will be held on Wednesday, March 28 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary.
Everyone is asked to bring plastic candy-filled eggs for our Easter Egg Hunt to be held on Saturday, March 31 at 11:30 a.m. All candy should be unopened. Please place the eggs in the bins marked “Easter”.
Easter Services ~ Sunday, April 1:
6:00 a.m. – Sunrise Service (Sanctuary)
8:30 a.m. – Easter Program (Life Center)
10:30 a.m. – Easter Service (Sanctuary)
The Youth Ministry will host a Career Day for our youth on Saturday, April 14, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. We would like to have various professions represented. If you are interested in participating / sharing details about your career, please e-mail Sis. Jemetra Fisher at
with your name and career.
- Sis. Wanda Davis and Family (Loss of Her Niece)
- Bro. Kelvin Easter and Family (Loss of His Aunt)
- The Family of Sis. LaTosha Jenkins
- Sis. Pamela Mayfield and Family (Loss of Her Aunt)
- Bro. Lester McIntyre and Family (Loss of His Wife, Sis. Cordelia McIntyre)
- Sis. Annette Payne and Family (Loss of Her Mother)