9550 Shepherd Road Dallas, TX 75243
Bible Study sessions are held every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Be encouraged by God's good plan for your maturity and His glory. And, be prepared to grow!
The Church Picnic will be held on Saturday, June 20, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at Lake Highlands North Recreation Center, 9940 White Rock Trail, Dallas, 75238.
The exquisite altar flowers for Sunday, June 21 are given by Sis. Ada Hansford, Sis. Mignon Jones, and Alvin and Alex Jones in loving memory of their husband, father, and grandfather, Bro. Willie H. Hansford.
Sound the Trumpet! Sisters, we are seeking at least 100 women to show UNITY on Sunday, June 28 by lifting your voice in Praise. Please join us for choir rehearsal on Tuesday, June 23 and Thursday, June 25, 6:30 p.m.
Women’s Annual Day activities will be held Friday, June 26 – Sunday, June 28. All ladies are invited to participate. Please wear red on Sunday, June 28.
The Young Adult and Outreach Ministries (on behalf of City Square) will collect men’s,women’s, and children’s clothes, shoes, belts, and purses for the homeless throughout the month of June on Sundays and Wednesdays (only). Donors may see Sis. Veronica Brown if a receipt is needed for tax purposes.
NMZ 2015 High School Seniors
Tekayla Dixon Fredrickia Jackson Louis Johnson Devarious Lawrence
Bobbie Lewis Leon Minor Josiah Penermon Khari Rogers
Brealyn Scott Brooklyn Scott Terrell Scott Joseph Taylor
Jordan Wright Richard Young II
All members are asked to donate non-perishable food items to the NMZ Food Pantry this month.
The NMZ Children’s Church Summer Reading Program will be held June – August 2015. We will start with the book of Proverbs which represents wisdom derived from practical experience. Parents: Please support your children in this awesome summer program.
The NMZ Summer Interns will come together as volunteers on Saturday, June 27 to help paint a house in the Hamilton Park neighborhood.
The Church Office, Day Care Center, and S.P.A.R.K. Program will be closed on Friday, July 3 in observance of Independence Day.
The 2015 S.P.A.R.K. Community Mission Project: The young girls of S.P.A.R.K. will show LOVE through mission by creating pillowcase dresses for a local children’s shelter on Tuesday, July 7 – 1:00 -3:00 p.m. Please support the project by donating pillowcases, double-sided tape, and/or ribbon.
The Dallas Area Ushers, Nurses, and Greeters’ Educational Benefit will be held on Saturday, July 11 at 5:00 p.m. in the Educational Building (Chapel). See members of the Fellowship Ministry for ticket information.
Scholarship Annual Day will be held on Sunday, July 12 during 10:30 service. All NMZ 2015 high school graduates are asked to wear your cap and gown to worship service.
Men’s Annual Day will be held on Sunday, July 26 during 10:30 service. All men are invited to this grand celebration.
Special Thanks….Pastor Brown and the NMZ Church Family for your prayers and support in the home going of our loved one. Keep us lifted up. Sis. Linda Amerson
Thank you so much for being so kind to our family over the last 13 years of illness and now the passing of Bro. Herman Moore, Jr. Your generosity will never be forgotten. God Bless, Sis. Monica Moore and Family
Special Thanks….Thank you Pastor and NMZ and all who participated and supported Vacation Bible School. We had a wonderful week. Your dedication to VBS was greatly appreciated. Sis. Lisa Rausaw
Special Thanks….Thank you Pastor and NMZ Church Family for the prayers, calls, cards, monetary gift, and love shown during the home going of my father. Your support meant so much to me and my family. Love, Sis. Chantal Sutton
- Ollie Burgess is a junior nursing student with a 3.32 GPA.
- Kennedy Easter received the Outstanding Student Award in Speech and Theater and the Outstanding Speaker Award in AVID.
- Kristopher Easter scored a Superior Rating in the PISD Solo and Ensemble Contest.
- Casey Giddings made the A/B Honor Roll.
- Courtney Giddings made the A/B Honor Roll.
- Alex Jones received the “Most Outstanding 8th Grade Japanese Student of the Year" Award. He made an academically advanced rating on his Algebra I, Social Studies, and Pre-AP Science STAAR tests.
- Kristian Pete made the A/B Honor Roll; Best Orchestra Student; and received the Citizenship Award.
- Lauren Pete was named Most Athletic Student; received the Perfect Attendance Award; and the Humanitarian Award.
- Yasmin Rogers made 1st Band and 1st Chair Saxophone and Squad Leader; received her 2nd Academic Excellence Patch for maintaining at least a 3.5 GPA; and has been selected to serve as a Garland NAACP Youth Council delegate at the National NAACP Convention in Pennsylvania.
- Terrell Scott represented NMZ in the Young Adult Devotional Talk Competition in the Greater Rising Star District Association’s Sunday School and BTU Congress.
- Aniyah Sanders made the A Honor Roll and received awards for outstanding achievement in Math and Science.
- Addyson Walton made the A Honor Roll the entire school year; had Perfect Attendance; and has been promoted to the 3rd Grade.
- Austin Walton made the A Honor Roll the entire school year; had Perfect Attendance; and has been promoted to the 3rd Grade.
- A’niyah Williams made the A Honor Roll and received the Principal’s Award. She also represented NMZ in the Bible Storytelling Contest in the Greater Rising Star District Association’s Sunday School and BTU Congress.
- Sis. Bridgette Augustus and Family (Loss of Her Niece)
- Sis. Yvonne Free and Sis. Erica Family (Loss of Their Mother / Grandmother)
- Dec. Billy C. Heath and Family (Loss of His Sister, Sis. Ludie Heath Phillips)
- Min. David and Sis. Frances Richardson and Family (Loss of His Cousin and Her Aunt)
- Sisters Lillie Stanford, Linda Adams, and Iris Netters and Family (Loss of Their Aunt)
- Sis. Chantal Sutton and Family (Loss of Her Father)
- Sis. Sylvia Williams and Family (Loss of Her Cousin)
Dr.Tommy L. Brown, Pastor